Camerican International, Inc. | Introduction
- Camerican’s mission is to gather information, trends, cost, processing techniques, government regulations, customers’ needs, and producers’ offerings, and to share this information in a proper and ethical business manner to achieve a sales and buying environment to satisfy the buyer, seller, and end user with quality products, representing fair value, quality and safe workmanship, and outstanding service to the food industry.
- Camerican International is a leading food importer, serving the retail, foodservice, institutional, industrial, and manufacturing segments.
- Camerican specializes in developing import programs for the top echelon of customers in three segments of the food industry: foodservice, retail, and manufacturing.
- Originally established in 1916 as part of a Dutch trading company, Camerican became a privately held company in 1969, was purchased by ConAgra in 1985, and became part of the Gellert Global Group in 1999.
- Camerican has offices and representatives in all the major exporting markets throughout the world, including Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific Rim.
- Camerican products include processed tuna, canned and frozen fruits and vegetables.
- Private label programs are a target of the company.
- Camerican represents leading food processors in over 20 countries around the world, importing and distributing their products throughout the United States, with offices and representatives in all the major exporting markets.