Finica | Introduction
- Canadian importer and distributor of specialty food and cheese from around the world since 1968.
- Finica became part of the Gellert Global Group in 1995 and has shifted its business away from German specialties to include a more diverse cheese line.
- Finica is a leading importer of cheeses from USA to Canada.
- Finica established exclusive relationships with leading brands in the Canadian market.
Customer base includes retail (chains and independents), restaurant chains, foodservice, and industrial accounts.
- Key accounts: Sobeys, Loblaws, Metro, Longos, Thriftys, Overwaitea, Safeway, and Costco, CARA Operations, SirCorp.
- To expand its business beyond imported cheeses, Finica began selling specialty groceries and domestic cheeses.
- Finica is a member of the International Cheese Council of Canada (ICCC), Ontario Cheese Society, American Cheese Society, and the Canadian Foodservice and Restaurant Association.